Wednesday, September 28, 2005

TV is sucking my soul out

so, i have been watching a lot of TV lately because i'm addicted to law and order:SVU and i watched the season premiere of desperate housewives which ended with the new family having someone locked in their basement. Also, the Scorcese documentary on Bob Dylan was on PBS and tonight they have a show on the Beatles and also protest music of the 1960s.

Also, I want to watch The Apprentice with Martha Stewart because I want to support Martha...hehe.

But, in lovely news, Tom Delay got indicted, which couldn't make me happier. He called his prosecutor a "partisan" which is funny because the last 11 of 15 politicians this guy has prosecuted have been democrats. So, Fuck you, Tom Delay! I hope you take the Grand Old Party down with you.

3 Comments:

At 9:08 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

Well, he is partisan, just against democrats not republicans...

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Pinky said...

except, he ran as a democrat and identifies as such, so apparently, it's not possible for someone in politics to be more concerned about upholding the law than shamelessly helping those in the same party as them to get away with as mcuh as possible (or get appointed head of FEMA)

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Jared Seehafer said...

I don't know if you get your CU e-mail or not, so I'll post this here too in the hopes you get it.

The provision about the one person/one group thing is not a part of the bill being debated tonight - rather it was something snuck into the constitutional revisions in last Spring (!) - now I wish I read those with a fine toothed comb. Section 7 C subsection 4 reads "ii. No person shall be a singer on more than one SOFO student group account"

Lemme know if you still think this can be challenged in court - since it's a part of the constitution already I don't know how it can be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home