Sunday, November 06, 2005

Boredom and math

My brother and I went to Pizza Hut for lunch today, where we also did some math problems because he's struggling (with a B-) in math. I have realized he needs to proctice division. I don't know who didn't teach him correctly, but he can't remember how to do it, nor can he figure it out. So, I'm sure he'll be thrilled when I type him up some division proactice problems...muhahahaha.

I'm fucking bored. And I get to go to work and do monotonous, tedious things. Really, I don't mind it so much because it pays well, but I miss organizing and doing things. I always told myself and Jessie that I didn't like to be up-front doing things, which is true. I didn't like to be the spokeperson, or the person who had to always take all the credit, but I've realized I liked having a hand in the planning and organizing the shit and going out there. Now, all I do is file and enter things after they happen and clean up before and after. It's like this total disconnect from any positive change. I know it's necessary, but I don't think I want to do it. I just hope no one is smart enough to google my name and find my blog because Ima get myself fired.

Also, Thursday night, there was a focus group thing done by the CHinook Fund because they are a major funder of my workplace. They asked a lot of questions about involving people of color in the organization and specific focus on multiple identity work. I didn't speak up because 1) I've been there 2 weeks and 2) I don't think I have a real grasp of what goes on. I just think it's a rather white space even though many of the youth we serve are not white. But, it's not like they could have a QPOC space right now with a facilitator because all of their facilitators are white. I've also noticed most of the identify as women, which Daniel said was interesting for a good many reasons.

Anyway, Ima watch the Live West Wing debate because I'm excited!!! wooo!!!!

7 Comments:

At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't like to the the front-woman? Work behind the scenes? You're lying to youreslf, hon, because that is -Not- the Laura I know.

Also, did you know that your posts have varying font sizes? It's tough to read sometimes.

-randal

 
At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh...i miss you. I wanna go to Pizza Hut with you and Jeffrey. I'd even be willing to help him with division (of course, it would have to be showing him what NOT to do). bye bye. -Erica

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

just tell your brother that math is useless... seriously useless!

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Pinky said...

Randal-I like doing lots of things, but I don't necessarily like being the spokesperson, if you will. I'd rather control everything from behind the scenes most of the time. Of course, sometimes that's not true. It just makes me nervous.

Kevin, aren't you going to grad school for math? I'll let him know, though. however, I think division is a crucial skill to have. If he goes to IB, I'll suggest he take statistics.

awww...we miss you, erica! jeffrey wants to be a part of hobobonos, too! i think that nmight be dope.

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Jared Seehafer said...

Isn't it sad that the best spokesman the Democratic Party has is Jimmy Smits?

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Pinky said...

yeah, i so think it's sad jimmy smits is probably the best purveyor of what i would like to see as a good democratic platform.

*tear*

but, he totally won the debate. alan alda actually didn't have much of a platform.

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

yes I am... hence why I now know that it is useless... Then again, division might be usefull at somepoint.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home