Wednesday, February 15, 2006

obligatory music post

yes, i never post, sorry.

so, i've recently been listening a lot to rufus wainwright because there was a song during the credits of brokeback mountain, that was him, and i'd never heard it, and it made me want to listen to him all the time (and have his fabulously gay babies). it's called "the maker makes" and it's one of his more ballad-like songs. i think his ballads are his best, but he also has some really clever songs like "poses" and "california" and "gay messiah". Also, a song he hasn't released yet is "between my legs," which he said was a protest song. he sang it at the concert he co-headlined with ben folds. i love him.

i also stumbled upon a twista song called "hope" that's rather uplifting. i like it.

daniel told me to listen to rilo kiley because i was complaining about how emo is just white boys whining about how depressed they are. rilo kiley is fronted by a woman. they're pretty good.

speaking of emo, matt gave me a CD of Jack's Mannequin, which is emo, but it's good. However, I do like some emo, just not emo hipsters :-)

And, I think the Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire soundtrack is way better than the previous three because it has a new composer.

I bought "Late Registration" (Kanye West) and there are some really good songs on it, and then a few that I don't care for. Overall, it's good, but I think "College Dropout" is better in terms of the number of songs I liked a lot. There's two really good songs that I recommend, one called "Heard 'em Say" which features the lead singer of Maroon 5 and "Crack Music" which features Common (i think). Also, the bonus track on the UK version is called "We can make it better" and it's good. There are other good songs on there too, but those ones stand out because of their political commentary.

I also like that "Beep" song by the Pussycat Dolls, which is ridiculous, but oh well.

Elsewhere in life, everything is going rather well. I took my mom roses and a vanilla latte for valentine's day and got a dog stuffed animal and lots of chocolate candy! wooo!

For as much as last year sucked, I think it sucked for a lot of other people too, and I'm just happy to not be in Boulder. However, I think I lucked out in terms of not having heavy amounts of stress and loss in my life right now. I just hope everyone else is coping with shit OK.

I wanna go up to Boulder and visit John and Lucas and Kevin because I miss them. I think a Watertower Reunion Tour might be in order *shudder*

1 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Harry Potter is sooo emo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home